Christian Lahoude founded New York City-based architecture and design services firm CHRISTIAN LAHOUDE STUDIO in 2012 with a focus on high-end retail environments worldwide. The studio brings its knowledge and expertise to develop exceptional retail experiences that are tailored to the brand’s identity. Having completed more than 100 projects in the Americas, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East, Christian Lahoude Studio takes pride in understanding local markets. The studio is reputed for addressing the unique location and scale of each project, translating the client’s vision into branded architecture.
Retail projects include:
- Specialty stores for JIMMY CHOO, and KWIAT FRED LEIGHTON
- Lifestyle stores for MICHAEL KORS and ALEXANDER WANG
- A luxury shopping mall enhancement for the AÏSHTI FOUNDATION in Beirut
- HARRYS OF LONDON’s first US store on Park Avenue, New York
Beauty & wellness projects include:
- ANDALUSIA, a seven story luxury women’s spa in Jeddah, KSA
- THE WEDDING GALLERY, the world’s first bridal department store, in London
- A new space identity and global roll-out for Korean beauty icon SULWHASOO, part of Amore Pacific Group
- Beauty and wellness centers in Beirut and Qatar for URBAN RETREAT
Christian Lahoude Studio specializes in comprehensive architectural and design services for international retail and hospitality environments.
Global Expansion Programming
VMSD International Visual Competition
Retail Design Institute Award for Excellence
VMSD Retail Renovation Award
Asian Pacific Interior Design Award
design:retail 40 Under 40
ABOUT CHRISTIAN LAHOUDE
FOUNDER & CREATIVE DIRECTOR
In 2012, Christian Lahoude founded his studio in New York City, where he has conceived innovative and diverse retail designs for Michael Kors, Harrys of London, Jimmy Choo, Aïshti, Kwiat-Fred Leighton, Korean beauty brand Sulwhasoo, and Alexander Wang boutiques worldwide. His recent work includes Urban Retreat Spas/Wellness Centers in Lebanon and Qatar, The Wedding Gallery in London as well as The Art People Restaurant in Beirut.
Prior to starting his own firm, Christian Lahoude developed and implemented key rebranding initiatives as the Design Director at Tiffany & Co. and as a Lead Designer at Gucci’s Store Design Department. Christian gained his early professional experience at Jakob+McFarlane (Paris, FR), and Peter Marino Architect (New York City, USA), where he had the opportunity to learn how to design high-end luxury retail spaces for clients, including Chanel.
Christian Lahoude was raised in Paris, France, where he graduated from Ecole d’Architecture de Paris Belleville in 2001. In 2004, he received his Masters of Design from the Harvard Graduate School of Design.